Protectakote EP90 Universal Epoxy Primer is a two pack easy to use primer suitable for use with Polyurethane topcoats such as Protectakote and Safekote. It offers exceptional adhesion to a large variety of substrates combined with the flexibility necessary for urethanes. It’s ideal for concrete, plaster, metals, wood, stone and existing coatings and has ant corrosive properties for ferrous metals.
Protectakote EP90 Universal epoxy primer is a two pack general purpose primer suitable for Polyurethane topcoats. It
It helps to provide a sealed, consolidated and strengthened surface in porous substrates while providing the moisture barrier required by urethanes along with improved adhesion. EP90 is recommended for use with Protectakote, Protectakote UVR and Safekote. It is also recommended for use with ferrous metals where it improves adhesion and reduces sub-film corrosion.
- Good resistance to water.
- Fast Drying – over-coat in 3-4 hours at 20°C
- Flexible so won’t crack
- Excellent resistance to chemicals & solvents
- Suitable for green and damp concrete
- Excellent workability
- High temperature resistance – can withstand up to 95° C when dry.
- Good resistance to a wide variety of acids, alkalis, alcohols and solvents.
- 6 – 8m² per litre for recommended single coat application
- Typically 4 – 6m² for porous substrates
- Pot Life typically 4 hours
- Steel, galvanised and aluminium
- Wood & Other Porous Substrates
- Pack size (Part B) 375g and 1875Kg (for 1Kg and 5Kg kits respectively)
- Finish Gloss
- Colour Grey
- No of components Two
- Overcoatable in: 8 hours (6°C) 3 hours 30 minutes (20°C)
- Tack free time 12 hours 4 hours
- Volume Solids: ≥ 94%
- Weight Solids: ≥ 95%
- VOC Content ≤70g/litre as supplied
- Film tensile strength at break 35MPa
- Film elongation at break 75%
- Service Temperature -30ºC to 115ºC
- Application temperature 5ºC to 30ºC
- Flexibility Good
- Soluble in Xylene
- Flash point 101°C
- pH: 10.5
- Thermal decomposition Decomposes above 200°C
- Hazardous reactions Exothermic reaction with alcohols and acids in uncured state.
- Toxicity Toxic in uncured state
- Thinning/clean up: Xylene
- Shelf Life 2 years unopened. Store indoors at 5 to 35ºC
- Storage Conditions Cool, dry area below 25°C away from direct sunlight
Please see the product information sheet for more detailed preparation.
Apply with brush or short hair roller