Metcote Etch Primer is a high adhesion metal primer with excellent etching qualities. This quality metal primer is solvent based and contains acids and adhesion promoters that etch the metal surface ensuring excellent adhesion. Metcote Etch Primer is quick drying and can be topcoated with most paints within two hours of application.
Metcote is available in 500ml and 1litre cans.
- Bonds exceptionally well to metal.
- Leaves a protective coating that bonds well with paint.
- Heat resistant up to 220ºC.
- Quick drying and can be topcoated with most paints within 2 hours.
- Can be used on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Resistant to both acid and alkali.
- Approximately 8 to 10 m² per litre depending on the surface.
You can use Metcote Etch Primer to:
- Prime a variety of metal surfaces before overpainting.
- Primer for Protecta-kote, Rainkote, Durapond
- Primer for metal and fibreglass surfaces
- Coating for Jetmasters and Barbeque Implements
- Heat resistant metal coating (up to 220ºC)
- A post-blast primer on steel work