Protectakote WB is a Water-Based Anti-Slip Coating. offers all the same advantages as standard Protectakote (tough, almost as flexible, wear resistant and anti-slip) and by using different resins has 25% higher strength, has equally good wear resistance, similar drying times and most importantly has even better resistant to the effects of UV light and weathering making it even more suitable for harsh environments like the decks of ocean going yachts or a rooftop walkway or balcony.
Protecta-kote WB is a single pack waterbased polyurethane which cures into an attractive, tough, textured coating, with excellent abrasion, chemical resistance, weather resistant and anti-slip qualities. Protectakote WB is a unique, advanced formula polyurethane anti-slip paint, incorporating rubber (Polypropylene in the transparent version) granules to give a flexible anti-slip (non-slip) finish that will not flake, chip or peel. With no mixing or blending required, it can be easily applied to almost any surface including metal, concrete, wood, fibreglass, plastic and rubber leaving an attractive textured anti-slip finish that is resistant to impacts and waterproof. Instead of the grit used by most other anti-slip paints Protectakote WB uses small rubber granules to give a textured anti-slip finish, this not only lasts much longer but is also non-abrasive and impact resistant. Because Protectakote WB is an advanced formula polyurethane coating not only will it not flake, chip or peel but it is also extremely flexible and will stay stuck to surfaces that flex or bend.
Protectakote WB is a single component aliphatic polyurethane coating, which forms a colour-fast, abrasion and weather resistant film with either a textured anti-slip or smooth finish. Protectakote WB is only available in white but will soon be available in a large variety of standard colours.
- Brush/Roller, for application by paint brush or stipple roller, as used for stipple paints.
- Spray for Special order only ( 8-10 week delay)
- Tough, weather resistant and flexible
- Colour fast
- Easy to apply, no skilled labour required
- Will not taint water or food once cured
- Bonds to most surfaces
- Non-slip or smooth textures
- Can be overcoated or repaired
- Resists many solvents, good chemical resistance to organic and inorganic acids
- Abrasion resistant
- Drying time can be accelerated if necessary (low temperatures or time constraints)
- Compared to standard Protectakote the UVR version offers a greater tensile strength, significantly greater resistance to UV light and a 50% shorter drying time.
2 / litre applied in two coats i.e. 2.5 – 4m² / litre per coat.
Click here to visit the dedicated Protecta-kote Website
Protectakote WB – is available in White, Black, and Transparent.
Just some of the various areas where Protectakote UVR may be applied are:
- Load areas of pick-up trucks for protection and non-slip properties
- All indoor and outdoor flooring applications
- Floors and steps of transporters and buses
- Ramps for wheelchair access
- Emergency exits and fire escapes
- Non-slip areas around machinery
- Bridges, steps, walkways, decks and helicopter pads on ships
- Non-slip surfaces in showers, change rooms and ablution blocks
Use Our Coverage Calculator
These figures are designed to give you an approximate guide only. Coverage can vary significantly depending on the condition and porosity of the substrate.