Protectakote and Protectakote UVR are possibly two of the most versatile anti-slip (please note although often referred to as non-slip it is impossible to ever get a completely non-slip finish) paint products on the market today! Protectakote antislip (non-slip) paint will chemically bond to most surfaces (a primer may be required) leaving an extremely tough and flexible coating that is able to withstand impacts and is resistant to most solvents. Its granular rubber content gives it high traction (anti-slip) properties and the polyurethane bonder makes it extremely hard wearing.
Protecta-kote is a single pack polyurethane which cures into an attractive, tough, textured coating, with excellent abrasion, chemical resistance and non-slip qualities. Protecta-kote is available in two versions; the standard aromatic and UVR aliphatic. It is also available in two levels of dilution:
Spray – for application by a wide nozzle underbody (Schutz 4mm bore) spray gun, which screws directly onto the 1 litrecan (available from NVP). This version is only available in standard dark grey and black.
Brush/Roller – for application by textured honeycomb roller(available direct from NVP in small diameter 4″, large diameter 3″, standard dameter 7″ or large diameter 9″) or by brush, available in 1litre and 4litre tins. Nb. Do not apply with standard rollers as it will cause the granules to clump together rather than be evenly distributed.
Kits – With this simple to use roll on bed liner kit its now easy for anyone to have a tough anti-slip coating in their pick-up truck, van or 4×4 in only a few hours. A kit will cover up to 6m² which should be enough for a standard double cab or mid sized van, for larger vans please also buy an additional litre tin.
- Tough and weather resistant
- Easy to apply -brush, roller or spray, skilled labour not required
- Will not taint water or food once cured
- Bonds to most surfaces except unprimed metal
- Can be over-coated to match specific colour requirements
- Resists many solvents, good chemical resistance to organic and inorganic acids
- Totally Flexible, will not chip, flake or peel
- Economical – will last for years
- Heat resistant
- Anti-slip (even in wet conditions)
- Bonds to most surfaces
- Easy to apply -brush, roller or spray
- Easy to repair – Will bond to itself so no need to remove before recoating
- Resistant to abrasion and impact resistant
- Resistant to saltwater, fuels and most solvents
- UV resistant version available suitable for areas with high UV exposure and even swimming pool areas
- Protecta-Kote anti-slip paint can be used in most situations where an anti-slip protective coating is required, whether it is the tail-lift of a lorry, the roof of a canal-boat, the floor of a factory unit, the steps of a fire escape or any other location that needs a tough anti-slip protective coating.
Protectakote – Black, Dark Grey, Dark Red, Blue & Green
- Load areas of pick-up trucks and vans for protection and non-slip properties
- Floors and steps of transporters and buses
- Ramps for wheelchair access
- Emergency exits and fire escapes
- Non-slip areas around machinery
- Bridges, steps, walkways, decks and helicopter pads on ships
- Waterproofing and non-slip surfaces in showers, change rooms and ablution blocks
- On rubber tread flooring for additional non-slip performance
- Boat decks, gunwales, jetties etc
Use Our Coverage Calculator
These figures are designed to give you an approximate guide only. Coverage can vary significantly depending on the condition and porosity of the substrate.