Protecta-kote UVR is a single pack aliphatic polyurethane which cures into an attractive, tough, textured anti-slip coating, with excellent abrasion, chemical resistance (Nb. although anti-slip coatings are often referred to as non-slip it is imposiible to ever get a completely non-slip finish).
Protectakote incorporates rubber (Polypropylene in the transparent version) granules to give a flexible anti-slip finish that will not flake, chip or peel. With no mixing or blending required, it can be easily applied to almost any surface (a primer may be required) including metal, concrete, wood, fibreglass, plastic and rubber leaving an attractive textured anti-slip finish that is resistant to impacts and waterproof. Instead of the grit used by most other anti-slip paints Protectakote UVR uses small rubber granules to give a textured anti-slip finish, this not only lasts much longer but is also non-abrasive and impact resistant. Because Protectakote UVR is an advanced formula polyurethane coating not only will it not flake, chip or peel but it is also extremely flexible and will stay stuck to surfaces that flex or bend.
Protectakote UVR is a single component aliphatic polyurethane coating, which forms a colour-fast, abrasion and weather resistant film with either a textured anti-slip or smooth finish*. Protectakote UVR is available in a large variety of standard colours. *limited range of colours available.
Brush/Roller, for application by paint brush (stipple) or textured honeycomb roller (recommended), as used for textured paints or overcoating Artex.
Spray for Special order only (10 – 12 week delay)
- Tough, weather resistant and flexible
- Colour fast
- Easy to apply, no skilled labour required
- Will not taint water or food once cured
- Bonds to most surfaces
- Non-slip or smooth textures
- Can be overcoated or repaired
- Resists many solvents, good chemical resistance to organic and inorganic acids
- Abrasion resistant
- Drying time can be accelerated if necessary (low temperatures or time constraints)
- Compared to standard Protectakote the UVR version offers a greater tensile strength, significantly greater resistance to UV light and a 50% shorter drying time.
Total coverage: About 1.25 – 1.5m per litre in the recommended two coats. i.e. 2.5 – 3m² / litre per coat.
Protectakote UVR – is available in Safety Yellow, White, Red, Dark Green, Olive Green,Blue, Medium Blue, Cream, Sand, Black, Light Grey, Mid Grey, Dark Grey, Dark Brown and Transparent.
Just some of the various areas where Protectakote UVR may be applied are:
- Load areas of pick-up trucks for protection and non-slip properties
- All indoor and outdoor flooring applications
- Floors and steps of transporters and buses
- Ramps for wheelchair access
- Emergency exits and fire escapes
- Non-slip areas around machinery
- Bridges, steps, walkways, decks and helicopter pads on ships
- Non-slip surfaces in showers, change rooms and ablution blocks
Use Our Coverage Calculator
These figures are designed to give you an approximate guide only. Coverage can vary significantly depending on the condition and porosity of the substrate.